For this episode, we were joined by Reed Braden, who writes the blog "Unorthodox Atheism," and is also the co-host of the "Two Smokin' Hot Freethinkers" podcast. Reed has recently come out both as an atheist and as a homosexual, giving him a valuable perspective for this discussion (or, as he phrased it, making him the 'token gay').
Some of the questions in this podcast included:
- What can you tell us about the experience of being a homosexual within and without of the Christian worldview?
- What is the mainstream Christian approach to homosexuality?
- What does the Bible tell us about homosexuality?
- How do atheists and nonbelievers approach homosexuality?
- How have your views towards homosexuality changed since leaving Christianity?
- Is it possible that the Christian regard for homosexuality is changing, and will become a non-issue in the future?